Wednesday 9 March 2016

Photoshop. The beginning....

Okay. I know I'm new to Photoshop, so I expect my work to be cringe worthy at this stage, but I make no apologies. Being bad is a relevant place to start as any. so lets begin...


Started with making a simple mash up of colors for the background. This was me experimenting with the brushes and color combinations.

Here we started putting together a face with the pieces available to play with. I started with the eyes. They stood out for me.

Really I was just experimenting with the different animal parts and learning how to manipulate them in Photoshop. Rotating, re sizing even recoloring.

 I added my background from earlier. Centered my face image and re sized it to fill the majority of the page.

 I added some color adjustment layers to the face parts to make whole face B+W. And added a color adjustment layer  to the eyes.

And here is the final image. A "masterpiece."haha.

Here I am learning about background layer blending modes.

I added another layer and painted in an eye color and changed the opacity.

Added a gradient layer to the background and dropped the opacity on that also.

Created another layer and painted the eyes green, adjusted the opacity and layer mode. This is the current incarnation of my face image.

Cool. Learning lots. I can see how invaluable these tools will be with manipulating photos and creating design projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment