Wednesday 30 March 2016

Repairing an old photo...

Okay. So I took an old family photo that needed some repairing. There was some yellow discoloration and deterioration in some of the detail in the clothing. Also spots and marks potted around the image that needed fixing...

The original scan. On its side and discolored...
Here it is in photoshop.

 After cropping it I put the image through "lightroom" to add the boarder I wanted and remove the old torn boarder. I saved as a jpeg and continued working in photoshop...

 Here it is in photoshop again...

Dealing with the yellow discoloration. I added an "black and white" and also "levels" adjustment layers..

After that I used the Cntr+Shift+Alt+E flatten layers trick, and worked on the last layer by applying a sharpen layer...

And here is the final image... (very happy with it)
 Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment