Thursday 7 April 2016

Adjustment Layers Landscapes

Continuing to work with Photoshop we have been experimenting with Adjustment layers and Blending modes, using landscape photography. Here are some of the steps along the path...

An image from the net...

This effect was achieved by painting on an adjustment layer and applying a "vivid light" blend mode.

Here is an original image of a mountain landscape...

Playing around with filters (destructive editing)...

Played with lightening the image in the foreground...

Coloring the mountains and the mid area by painting on inverted masks...

Here, I selected the sky and am working with the refine edge tool...

Here I have simply added a levels mask and adjusted the lights and dark tones until I found a contrast level I was happy with, one that added dramatic sky to the image...

Playing with effects and 3d applications...


Here is an original Image, before and after comparison...

...after

Another original image...

Applied a Gaussian Blur to the image, inverted a mask and painted the road back into the image...

and here I have been experimenting with artistic pre-sets.

This is one of my own photos I will be using for a hand in project. It is a view of Waitara. Image before editing...

And here I have applied a mixture of editing tools to achieve the desired look. After editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment